Picture Courtesy : https://www.washingtonpost.com
With Gene Technology making its presence felt – Many History Primarily based of Folklore , Legends , Literature & Classical Anthropological Tools Needs a Critical Revision.We Are Not Too Old To Forget the Aryan Theory that we knew from our School Books.
Generally the Aryan Theory Wrecked Havoc in The World Politics & History ~ Even Today It occupies our Imagination.
But After Reading This , dear Reader you will know something That will prove all you know about Indians are Utter Nonsense. Let’s keep the Format like a Q&A for the time being :
Q : Who are the Aryans?
A : As told in school books :
1. Invaders from Western Europe.
2. Speaks Indo-European language ( Sanskrit , Hindi…. )
3. Invaded Indian sub-continent around 1500 BC.
4. Destroyed Indus Valley Civilization
Q : So Who are Descendants of Aryans?
A : As told in school books : Ancestral North Indians(ANI) who speak Indo-European (aka Indo-Iranian) languages.
Q : Who are the other people in India ?
A : Ancestral South-Indians (ASI) who predominantly speak Dravidian language and apparently has no Connection with anyone outside of Sub-continent.
Q : So Coming to The Point – Do Aryans Really Exist?
A : Apparently the Aryan we thought invaded sub-continent around 1500 BC. ,DID NOT INVADE AT ALL – Because ‘They Were Already There’.
Q : Please Elaborate.
A : ANI(Ancestral North Indian) & ASI(Ancestral South Indian) are of two distinct origin.
ANI people with a high percentage of West-Eurasian Gene , ASI poeple with Gene that are not found similar to any genetic group outside Sub-continent.
Last 10 years comprehensive study of Mt-DNA (Mitochondrial DNA ) Y-chromosome and very recent Whole-Genome Study has made the scientific community to converge on below points –
- ANI people diverged from West-Eurasian gene at least 12,500 years ago.
- ANI people probably moved in into Sub-continent about 8000 – 9000 years BP(Before Present).
- ASI people on the contrary were living in sub-continent for a long time – around 40,000 years. They were the first people to colonize the Sub-continent.
Picture Courtesy : The origins of Indians What our genes are telling us. – BY SRINATH PERUR
Q : So How Distinct are ASI & ANI Genes Today?
A : There was a big admixture of ANI & ASI Genes around 1900 – 4200 BP (Before Present). This Admixture Time Strangely enough coincides with the fall of Indus valley civilization.
This Time period of 1900 – 4200 BP is very significant in the history of India. in Brief :
- This period affected even the most remote untouched regions : Even Isolated tribes of Bhil , Palliyar , Chamar got genetic admixture.
- This period is Early Rig-Veda period – where the Jati & Varnashram – these ideas were Not Prevalent – Gene study points to that direction too.
- The Indus valley style of Urban Living was dismantled & India moved towards a village based agrarian economy – This could have killed the Indus Valley Civilization.
- This period the Gangetic & other River Based population expansion was observed – cities like Varanasi was established.
By The End of This admixture era – came an era of Endogamy , Jati , Varna – during the end of this era the Manu Smriti (Manu Rules) were composed & sub-continent moved to a strict intra-caste marriage.
Further Reads –
The origins of Indians What our genes are telling us. – BY SRINATH PERUR